Merakhi is a social innovation startup working to put an end to sexual assault on college campuses through smart jewelry. The jewelry encompasses GPS and audio recording capabilities to help prevent and process sexual assault cases. Merakhi promotes individual empowerment and peace of mind to its users through comfort knowing that they are never alone. In addition to having the smart jewelry as a response, the Merakhi team understands the importance of changing the culture in order to rid society of sexual harassment altogether. The profits from the Merakhi jewelry are invested into education programs for students in universities as well as students in k-12 schools. Through these outreach programs, Merakhi not only educates people about the language of consent but also about respect, empowerment and safety to help people be the best versions of themselves.
- 2019 | Rutgers Business School Pitch Competition, 5th place, youngest team in the competition
- 2018, 2020 | Clinton Global Initiative University
- 2017 | Social Engagement Summit Chicago - Open Shutter Grand Award Recipient
In The News
- Rutgers student creates 'smart jewelry' to fight sexual violence | Written by Cynthia Medina, Rutgers Today
- Merakhi team participated as the first all undergraduate team in RBS annual business plan competition | By Rutgers Business School
Website & Social Media