We are fortunate to have Shan Reeves, from Rutgers CAPS (Counseling, ADAP, and Psychiatric Services), working directly with the Honors College to help you address challenges and emotions that you may be feeling throughout the year. Counseling sessions are private, free, and confidential.
- HC students can also schedule a 30-minute appointment with Shan or others by calling CAPS at 848-932-7884. Students can select Option 2 and they will be directed to an administrative assistant who will schedule appointments with Shan directly.
- CAPS also provides self help tools through the main Student Health website.
- To share a concern about a fellow student's well-being that is not urgent, you may refer to the Do Something! webpage.
- If a situation is urgent, please call 911.
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
- Crisis Text Line: Text KNIGHTS to 741741 (anytime 24/7), Text STEVE for unmet mental health needs of students of color.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Rutgers CAPS: During regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm), call CAPS at 848-932-7884 and ask to speak to the on-call counselor.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason at email@example.com. We are all here for each other.
Hear how Honors College staff, student leaders, and others within our community practice wellness.