Honors College students who develop as professionals by engaging in their HC community through programs focused on career development, socially responsible leadership, diversity and inclusion, networking, service, teaching, and reflection earn points towards the exclusive Honors College Merit Pin, which you can wear for networking events, interviews, and other professional events!
Student involvement is tracked with event attendance and program participation confirmation from staff. Involvement reviews take place at the end of each academic year and if you are eligible for the HC Merit Pin you will receive an email invitation to the HC Merit Pin Ceremony in late April.
Requirements & Criteria
Total points needed to earn HC Merit Pin = 10
Students can earn points during all four years of their Honors College experience.
Once students earn the required 10 points to receive an HC Merit Pin, they are invited to the annual HC Merit Pin Ceremony to receive their HC Merit Pin.
5 Point Category of Engagement
- 1 year of leadership service at the HC (Changemaking Mentors, HC Ally Lead, HC Lead Ambassador, Inclusive Excellence Student Committee member, HCServes Leader, HCAlly Board Member, HC Resident Assistant, Professional Development Council member, HC Media Team Lead, Wellness Committee member, HC Undergraduate Interns)
- Serve as a Learning Assistant for an HC class
- Learn with your HC peers through an Honors Study Abroad class and travel experience
3 Point Category of Engagement
- Volunteer as an HC Ally mentor
- Participate as an HC Innovation Lab Fellow
- Become a DRC STEAM winter-break week participant
- Serve as an HC Ambassador for an entire academic year
- Serve on the Student Advisory Board for an entire academic year
- Write for the HC Blog during an academic year
- Serve as an HC Media Team member
- Join the HC Team for Relay for Life and/or Dance Marathon
- Volunteer as a tutor for Asset Based Community Driven Education (A2E)
2 Point Category of Engagement
- Participate with your peers in our signature HC Life Design for a Career and Life with Purpose Program workshops during each of your four years
- By participating all four years students are eligible to earn a total of 8 points
1 Point Category of Engagement, includes but is not limited to the following...
- Attend a Dinner with the Deans
- Perform at an HC Coffee House
- Become a Giving Day participant
- Volunteer at annual HC Cares Day
- Attend an 'HC Land of the Free' Series program
- Do an instagram takeover or featured FB post with the HC Director of Communications
- Network at the Annual Internship & Research 101 Mixer
- Network at the Annual HC Networking Soiree
- Network with an HC Alum, GMF, or PDC member for an appointment during our Annual HC Career Mentorship Weeks in October
- Participate in an HC Peak Performance Series workshop
- Join your HC peers on an Employer Site Visit
- Attend an HC Master Class or Knightly Roundtable with C-Suite professionals and alumni
- Attend a Networking through Sport Golf Clinic co-hosted with the Douglass BOLD Center