Alumni of the Honors College, beginning with the inaugural Class of 2019, are encouraged to continue to engage with their scholarly community through mentorship for current students and fellow alumni, helping to cultivate internship and job opportunities, participating in on-and-off-campus events, membership in the Honors College Alumni Society, and generous support.
You will always have a home at the Honors College New Brunswick, and we look forward to our alumni continuing to contribute to the success of the Honors College community. There are many opportunities to get involved, which are open to all Honors College alumni, parents, and friends. Each is an important extension of the Honors College community.
All Honors College Alumni are invited to connect with past classmates and underclassmen in our official Honors College New Brunswick LinkedIn Group. Simply search for the group in LinkedIn by typing the group name in the search bar and request to join: Honors College, Rutgers University–New Brunswick. Requests are reviewed on a bi-weekly schedule.
If you are an Honors College alum interested in the opportunities below, please contact Andrea Rydel, Assistant Dean for Professional Development and Alumni & Corporate Engagement.
- Hosting an info session, career conversations, a site visit, or a 1:1 shadowing opportunity
- Collaborating on a corporate social responsibility (CSR) service event between the Honors College and your current employer
- Sharing an internship, full-time or part-time job, or research opportunity
- Authoring a welcome recruitment letter to accepted Honors College students
- Participating in a virtual Welcome Panel for first-year students in September
Alumni are invited to the following annual events:
- Grad School Personal Statement Workshop in September
- Networking Through Sport Golf Clinics in September and April/May
- NYC Alumni Mixer every Fall season
- Special invitations to guest speak at HC Student Leader Training in January
- Alumni Reunion and Networking Soiree held on Rutgers Day/Alumni Weekend in April
- Special invitations for limited seating guest speaker events
- Joining annual Honors College Service Events with current undergraduates