Opportunities to Connect with Students
We invite Rutgers alumni, industry experts, parents of Honors College students, and friends of the Honors College to join our community of distinguished mentors.
- Invite a group of students to your place of work for a company site visit. The groups can be as small or large as you prefer; we offer a variety of options for students throughout the academic year to give exposure to a range of industries.
- Host a student to shadow you at your place of business for a morning, afternoon, or full day.
- Promote internships or job prospects to recruit Honors College students by sharing posting information for us to disseminate to students in our weekly newsletters.
- Serve as a distinguished speaker on key topics and interests of our students taking students on a deep dive into a topical area that you can passionately speak to and that is relevant in business today.
- In partnership with recruiters, serve as an industry expert speaking with students during Office Hours where students meet with recruiters and industry experts for 15-30-minute 1:1 sessions to learn about an organization, hear more about an industry and company culture, and assess fit with an organization.
- Become a Graduate Mentor Fellow to both mentor a first-year student over the course of the Fall semester and assist seniors as they prepare for graduate school and/or presenting their research capstone projects.
- Host an information session at the Honors College to speak about your organization. We welcome, in particular, sessions that engage our students through Q&A with Rutgers alums or an activity that gives students a taste of your work and the opportunity to interact with industry experts.