Opportunities to Connect with Students
We invite Rutgers alumni, industry experts, parents of Honors College students, and friends of the Honors College to join our community of distinguished mentors.
- Invite a group of students to your place of work for a company site visit. The groups can be as small or large as you prefer; we offer a variety of options for students throughout the academic year to give exposure to a range of industries.
- Host a student to shadow you at your place of business for a morning, afternoon, or full day.
- Promote internships or job prospects to recruit Honors College students by sharing posting information for us to disseminate to students in our weekly newsletters.
- Serve as a distinguished speaker on key topics and interests of our students taking students on a deep dive into a topical area that you can passionately speak to and that is relevant in business today.
- In partnership with recruiters, serve as an industry expert speaking with students during Office Hours where students meet with recruiters and industry experts for 15-30-minute 1:1 sessions to learn about an organization, hear more about an industry and company culture, and assess fit with an organization.
- Host a student at your place of work during their winter break for a weeklong shadowing externship experience. Students will apply to your worksite for a ‘Winternship’ during which they will help you with a project of your choosing and shadow you for the week.
- Become a Graduate Mentor Fellow for our academic mentoring pods comprised of undergraduates with interests similar to yours. Each mentoring pod meets throughout the Fall semester. All participating students gather monthly for workshops on professional development topics related to mentorship and networking.
- Host an information session at the Honors College to speak about your organization. We welcome, in particular, sessions that engage our students through Q&A with Rutgers alums or an activity that gives students a taste of your work and the opportunity to interact with industry experts.