Additional Funding for Current Students

While all Honors College students receive a merit-based award with their admission to the Honors College, we recognize that in some cases those awards and other financial aid may not provide enough support for students to graduate. It is of the utmost importance to us that we work with our students to explore fiscal solutions so that they can complete their studies at Rutgers. If you are facing financial stresses that may disrupt your studies, please pursue the following actions:

  1. Fill out and submit your FAFSA if you have not already done so. You can find the necessary forms through the University’s Office of Financial Aid.
  2. When you receive notification of your need-based award from the Rutgers Office of Financial Aid, if it is not enough, appeal the award to the Office of Financial Aid and notify the HC Dean of your appeal.         
  3. Apply for continuing scholarships within your school (and, in some cases, department). These applications are usually due in the late spring or early summer and most often require minimum GPAs. Explore scholarship opportunities within your school of enrollment:
  4. Fill out the application for Emergency Funding (for short-term emergency needs) or the Deans’ Scholarship (for long-term financial needs) from the Honors College Scholarships page. If you have any questions, please email or Dean Bowers.