Graduating as an Honors College Scholar

Photo of medallion

As an Honors College student, you must complete all core requirements for the Honors College, for your academic school of enrollment, and for your chosen majors(s)/minor(s). 

Students who complete all Honors College requirements will have the designation "Honors College Scholar" on their diplomas and will receive the Honors College Medal.

For more information about school- and major-specific requirements, please refer to the individual school and departmental websites.

Honors College Core Requirements

Not Completing, Transferring, Withdrawing

If you are not graduating from one of our six schools: SAS, SEBS, RBS, SOE, MGSA or EMSOP, you must meet with an HC Advisor to discuss your options before the capstone proposal deadline.

If you plan to transfer out of the Honors College (and Rutgers) please meet with an advisor in advance so that you are sure to receive all relevant information and follow required processes.

If you plan to withdraw from the Honors College, you need to work with one of our advisors in order to understand the impact on your coursework, scholarship(s), and progress toward completion of RU degree(s).


If you have any questions about your standing overall, school-specific Honors College requirements, the Capstone Project, or other academic concerns, please email Honors College Advising.