Congratulations, graduates! Your hard work has paid off.
Celebrate your achievement at the Honors College Scholars Convocation on December 1, 2023. We are delighted to celebrate the culmination of your Honors College experience and all that you have achieved as an Honors College Scholar. Please join us for a special Honors College Convocation, which will include remarks by Dean Bowers and select speakers. At this ceremony, you will receive your Honors College Medal, the postcard that you wrote to yourself as a first-year student at the Honors College Induction, and your Honors College Merit Pin if you have earned one and have not yet received it.
Below is a brief look at what the Honors College Convocation will entail for those graduating in January 2024.
Light refreshments will be provided.
6:30pm | Welcome
J.D. Bowers, PhD
Dean, Honors College, Rutgers University–New Brunswick
6:40pm | Introduction of the Graduates
6:50pm | Graduate Comments
7:20pm | Comments
Krista Klein, PhD, Acting Associate Dean, Honors College, Rutgers University–New Brunswick
7:30pm | Presentation of the Medals
7:40pm | Conferral of Scholars Designation
7:45pm | Conclusion
- Bring your Scholars Convocation registration confirmation email.
- Make sure your guests check in as well and that they were added to the registration form.
- Register your vehicle for the event parking. *See more in the Parking Section below.
- Come dressed in your Business Attire.
- Remember to bring your photo identification.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your guests require any accommodations, including special-needs parking, seating, alternate viewing options, and traveling on campus. People requesting parking accommodation will require handicapped signage on their vehicles. *See Event Accessibility section below.
- The Convocation follows the Honors College Academic Showcase, which you are required to present at. The Showcase takes place from 4:00-6:00pm in the Honors College Druskin Lounge. Your guests are welcome to attend this event as well.
- Please allow at least 30 minutes to park before the Showcase and get to the Honors College building. Please refer to the parking section below for more details.
- Upon arrival, check in at the Honors College South entrance. Take the stairs and head to the Druskin Lounge to gather with fellow graduates.
- All graduates should plan to gather in the Honors College Druskin Lounge after the Showcase and no later than 6:15 PM to allow time to find your place for the Convocation.
- The ceremony begins promptly in the Honors College Fireside Lounge at 6:30 PM.
Guests for both events must register their cars.
Special event parking will be available in the following locations:
View each location above to get directions. You can also visit the main Rutgers Map to identify where these parking lots are located in advance of your arrival.
We value your input.
As with all Honors College events, there will be a photographer on site to capture photos of you and your guests at the ceremony. If you wish your photo not to be posted on social media, please let the photographer know.
All students are encouraged to share their memories from the Convocation on social media. You can tag us in your posts @ruhonorscollnb. We may share your posts online after the event.
Rutgers University strives for our campus experiences to be universally designed and useable by all people to the extent possible. If you require an accommodation to participate in this event, please make sure that you filled out the special accommodations field when you were registering for this event. If you still need help, please email us at email@example.com.
People requesting parking accommodation will require handicapped signage on their vehicles.
Rutgers University complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination, equal opportunity, affirmative action, and providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
NOTE: For graduates who have guests coming from abroad and need a letter to accompany their visa application, please visit Rutgers Global website.