As a member of the Honors College, you are eligible to earn points towards the exclusive Honors College Merit Pin, which you can wear for networking events, interviews, and other professional events!
Student involvement will be tracked with event attendance and program participation confirmation from staff. Involvement reviews will take place at the end of each semester and if you are eligible for the HC pin you will receive an email invitation to the ‘Pinning Reception’.
Requirements & Criteria
Students can earn points during their first, second, and third years as members of the Honors College. *Students are not eligible to receive a pin after the completion of their third year at the Honors College.
Students are eligible to claim their points to receive an HC Pin during their second year (Sophomore) or third year (Junior).
Students must be making progress towards Honors College requirements and in good judicial and academic standing at time of review.
- Total points needed to earn HC Pin = 10
High Level Involvement (worth 5 points)
- 1 year of leadership service at the HC (Community liaison, Mentor in Residence, HC Lead Ambassador, Diversity Peer Educator, Service Assembly, Student Advisory Board, HCAlly, HC Resident Assistant, RHA, HC Alternative Break leader, ELT of Mentoring Pod Program, ELT of Winternships and Site Visits, HC Media Team, Leader/Member in HC Initiative)
- Member of Mentoring Pods for an entire academic year
- Innovation Lab Fellow
- Honors Study Abroad class + travel
- Seeking Success Leadership Series Honors College course participant
- Learning Assistant for an HC class
Mid Level Involvement (worth 3 points)
- Reflection workshop participant
- Winternship participant
- Employer Site Visit participant
- HC Alternative Break participant
- DRC STEAM winter-break week participant
- HC Ambassador
- Write for the HC Blog during an academic year
- HC Team participant for Relay for Life and/or Dance Marathon
- Log all 30 HCserves hours
- Volunteer as a tutor for Asset Based Community Driven Education (A2E)
Low Level Involvement (worth 1 point)
- HC Coffee House performer
- Complete the annual Summer Internship Survey
- Attend Annual Networking Soiree
- Attend Annual Research Reception
- Giving Day participant
- Class Reunion attendance
- Attend the annual Honors College Student Mixer in September
- Volunteer at annual HC Cares Day
- Instagram takeover or featured FB post with Director of Marketing
- Attend a Master Class or Knightly Roundtable
- Attend or lead discussion for annual First-year Summer Internship Dinner
- Attend annual Networking through Sport Golf Clinic in Spring of Junior year
- Attend a Student Advisory Board Town Hall