The education that students receive at the Honors College provides them with the skills to work collaboratively with others to deliver creative solutions to global issues. The Honors College also helps students pursue their goals for life after graduation. Whether a first-year student exploring potential career directions or a more advanced student looking for research and internship opportunities, our dean of professional development is here to help students identify the best next steps.
By working with our dean of professional development, students receive:
- career-related counseling
- resources and programs to help them clarify academic and career goals
- help establishing career exploration plans
- opportunities to network with upperclassmen, employer partners, and alumni pursuing similar areas of interest
- advice on how to make successful career and graduate school transitions
We build relationships with alumni, campus partners, employers, and graduate schools to optimize internship and job opportunities as well as to assist students in developing and articulating co-curricular experiences that will help to ensure that they are competitive in their future pursuits. We even have some fun in the process with events like our networking through sport golf clinics!
The Honors College also works with Rutgers University Career Services, which is committed to assisting students with making connections between their academic experiences and career paths.