As an Honors College student, you must complete all core requirements for the Honors College, for your academic school of enrollment, and for your chosen majors(s)/minor(s). If you are not graduating from one of our six schools: SAS, SEBS, RBS, SOE, MGSA or EMSOP, you must meet with your HC Adviser to discuss your options before the capstone proposal deadline.
Students who complete all Honors College requirements will have the designation "Honors College Scholar" on their diplomas and will receive the Honors College Medallion. For more information about school- and major-specific requirements, please refer to the individual school and departmental websites.
Honors College Core Requirements
- Honors College Forum: first year
- Byrne First-Year Seminars: at least one in your first year
- Interdisciplinary Honors Seminar: at least one within your first four semesters
- Service Learning: minimum of 30 hours of approved service in your first three years
- School-Specific Honors College Requirements: meet with your Honors College academic adviser to review
- Capstone Project: must complete an independent capstone project during your senior year.
Your Capstone Proposal Form must be submitted by June 1 of your junior year.
If you have any questions about your standing overall, school-specific Honors College requirements, the Capstone Project, or other academic concerns, please email Honors College Advising.