As an Honors College student, you must complete all core requirements for the Honors College, for your academic school of enrollment, and for your chosen majors(s)/minor(s).
Students who complete all Honors College requirements will have the designation "Honors College Scholar" on their diplomas and will receive the Honors College Medallion. For more information about school- and major-specific requirements, please refer to the individual school and departmental websites.
Honors College Core Requirements
- Honors College Forum: first year
- Byrne First-Year Seminars: at least one in your first year
- Interdisciplinary Honors Seminar: at least one within your first four semesters
- Service Learning: minimum of 30 hours of approved service in your first three years
- School-Specific Honors College Requirements: meet with your Honors College academic adviser to review
- Capstone Project: must complete an independent capstone project during your senior year.
Your Capstone Proposal Form must be submitted by June 1 of your junior year.
If you have any questions about your standing overall, school-specific Honors College requirements, the Capstone Project, or other academic concerns, please email Honors College Advising.